Is there anything that I can do to prevent my premium from increasing?
There are many actions with little or no cost that can be done.
Tip 75 – Staff Training – critical to preventing Liability Claims 11th January 17
Over the last few years we have covered a number of different topics under this heading. Here are a few headings to remind you of what to watch for and prevent:
- Lifting and Handling – Formal training should be arranged for all staff repeated as directed and always prior to commencement for new employees
- Wearing protective clothing – appropriate footwear to avoid slips/trips – aprons, gloves and other accessories to avoid burns whilst cooking
- Strict instructions to staff to cooperate with armed robbers to protect both themselves and others from injury and/or trauma – more details available – please ask!
- Strict instructions to staff as to how to deal with suspected shoplifting – more details available – please ask!
- Strict instructions to staff as to how to deal with accidents involving customers – more details available – please ask!
- Regular floor checks for slip and trip hazards shoplifting – more details available – please ask!
Remember that providing staff training in itself is vitally important but to make it of use to your insurer to attempt defence of any claim obtain a signed copy from every staff member to confirm that they have received and understood the relevant instructions.
Keep up the good work folks – we are making a difference!
Always remember – call us to discuss any/every incident. We will advise and guide you.